Town of Chugwater is Accepting Applications for a Maintenance Person and Water/ Wastewater Operator.
Applications can be picked up at Town Hall during business hours. - Posting is good till positions are filled.
Public Works position for the Town of Cokeville.
A water level 1 license, a waste water lever 1 & 2, and a CDL class B driver’s license are preferred at the time of hire. Applicant must be able to obtain CDL Class B within 6 months of hire, a water level 1 within 1 year of hire, a waste water level 1 within 1 year of hire, and a waste water level 2 within 2 years of hire. $40,000 annual salary with Health insurance benefit and Wyoming retirement.
To apply please contact town Clerk at 307-279-3227. Closing date January 15, 2024 before 5 p.m. Pay is negotiated on experience.
Utility System Repairer Operator
DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
National Park Service
Yellowstone National Park
Nine Mile W&SD
Job Opening: Wyoming State Licensed Water System Operator
Location: Nine Mile W&SD in Laramie, WY.
Must be Level 1 Water certified.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com
Water Treatment Plant Operator 1
Water Treatment Division
Performs a combination of basic, semi-skilled and skilled work in the operation and maintenance of the Water Treatment (WT) plant equipment and facilities for the Board of Public Utilities (BOPU); treats drinking water, collects and analyzes water samples, and monitors, inspects, maintains and adjusts equipment.
The Water Treatment Plant Operator 1 is the trainee classification. Receives immediate direction and guidance from more senior operators, lead plant operator, and plant supervisor; performs routine duties while learning federal, state, and local standards and specific methods and techniques for the operation and maintenance of the BOPU’s water purification, water storage, and transmission facilities; advances to Water Treatment Plant Operator 2 after gaining experience and knowledge, obtaining required certifications, and demonstrating job proficiency. See full job description at www.cheyennebopu.org/careers
The salary range for this position is $3,539 to $4,696 per month. Employment offers are conditional pending results of pre-employment screenings including background checks. Drug and alcohol testing may be required depending on the position requirements. The Board of Public Utilities is an equal-opportunity employer.
Santec Corporation was founded in 1987 as market leader in packaged wastewater treatment plants across the nation. Santec specializes in providing customized wastewater treatment plants for developments without access to municipal sewer. Each project in unique in challenges and requirements and we work to create customized systems to meet these needs in each distinctive location. Santec provides clients with wastewater design, permitting, installation, and operations of wastewater treatment plants.
- Operate and maintain the treatment plant in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations and standards
- Monitor plant functions and data outputs and react as needed to maintain production quality
- Perform required checks and make necessary adjustments
- Collect maintenance data and record readings
- Repair and perform ongoing preventative maintenance of equipment and upkeep of property and plant grounds
- Read, test, and sample water to endure water quality meets required standards and regulations
- Prepare required reports and maintain plant records
- Attend training classes and participate in self-study activities to keep abreast of changing technologies needed to maintain appropriate operating certificate
- Reports directly to and is fully accountable to the President.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of satisfactory experience in operations of water treatment plant
- Valid driver’s license
- Possession of, or ability of obtain, a Level 2 Operators certificate issued under provisions of the NYS Sanitary Code
Working Conditions and Compensation
- This position will be assigned to the Powder Horn Wastewater Treatment Facility in Sheridan, WY
- Salary range starting at $65,000 per year (wage based on experience)
- Benefits include: health, dental, vision, and life insurance, HSA, 401K, cell phone stipend
Standards and Performance
The Plant Operator shall be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been accomplished:
- Good working relationship and communication with co-workers and owners
- Accuracy and dependability of completing all daily checks, adjustments, and reports
- Work areas are neat and clean at the end of each shift
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply: Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Water Treatment Worker/Operator
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
First Review Date: November 13th, 2023
Starting Salary for Worker: $35,920
Salary Range for Operator: $39,649 - $66,425 DOQ
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional eager to apply their skills to a complex department.
The City of Laramie is accepting applications for a Water Treatment Worker or Operator. Under direction, to perform a variety of skilled work involved in the operation, maintenance, and repair of treatment equipment and facilities, pump station equipment and facilities, wells and well fields, finished water reservoirs, pressure control stations, transmission lines and distribution system water quality.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform a variety of duties involved in the operation of the water treatment plant; determine and set flow rates and chemical dosages; backwash filters; remove sludge; fill chemical feeders; perform daily maintenance checks; record information.
• Inspect and maintain plant equipment.
• Perform lab work.
• Maintain programmable logic controllers and telemetry system; write and debug ladder logic code; program around equipment failures; write code for new equipment and troubleshoot sensory instrumentation.
• Maintain records of plant operations; compile and interpret data; prepare reports for regulatory agencies.
• Operate vibration, thermo and flow analyzers.
• Operate laser shaft alignment.
• File product literature, maintenance bulletins, operating instructions, invoices, educational materials, and correspondence.
• Perform the full range of duties in the assigned area of work.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: (Any combination equivalent to experience and training would be qualifying)
• Two years of water treatment or related experience.
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized training in mathematics, chemistry, or a related field.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE:
• Possession of or ability to obtain, a Class IV Water Treatment and Class II Distribution Operator certificates issued by the State of Wyoming.
• Must have a valid WY driver’s license or be able to obtain one.
To apply for this position please visit www.cityoflaramie.org or contact the Workforce Center at 3817 Beech St. Suite 100. Applicants who are offered an appointment are required to pass a comprehensive background investigation, drug screening test and driver license check.
The City of Laramie is an EEO/ADA employer and a smoke-free workplace per City ordinance.
WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM OPERATOR / FIELD MAINTENANCE
Northwest Rural Water District (NRWD) is seeking applicants to fill both entry level and experienced Water Distribution System Operator positions. These are full-time, benefitted, positions and work include, but is not limited to, overall system operations and maintenance, underground utility locating, waterline construction, and responding to customer questions and concerns. Directly related water line construction experience and a Class A Combination driver’s license is desirable.
NRWD offers an unmatched compensation package that includes the Wyoming Retirement System (100% District paid), family life / health / & dental insurance (100% District paid), paid vacation leave, paid sick leave, and paid holidays. Starting wage ranges are competitive and based upon experience.
The positions will remain open until filled. Please provide a letter of interest and resume including recent, relevant, work experience and references with contact information to:
Tony Rutherford, District Manager
Northwest Rural Water District
526 Stone Street
Cody, WY 82414
The City of Sheridan is actively recruiting a hard-working person that is willing to work in rough conditions with a positive attitude to fill the position of Utility Maintenance Operator. This position is responsible for performing technical duties in the maintenance, repair and operation of the water and wastewater systems. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain a Water Distribution I license, and Wastewater Collection I licensen nwithin one year of employment. The starting wage for this position is $21.56 hourly. This is a fully benefited position including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, state pension benefits, paid time off and a wellness program. Interested, qualified applicants may apply by submitting a City of Sheridan application to the City of Sheridan Human Resources office via e-mail, fax, mail or in person.
The City of Sheridan is actively recruiting a self-starter with knowledge of laboratory procedures and a Class B CDL to fill the position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations Coordinator. This position is responsible for planning, supervising, and performing daily operational duties pertaining to regulatory compliance, sanitary regulations, and efficient plant operations. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the wastewater treatment process and be able to work positively within a team. The starting wage for this position is $25.00 hourly. This is a fully benefited position including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, state pension benefits, paid time off and a wellness program. Interested, qualified applicants may apply by submitting a City of Sheridan application to the City of Sheridan Human Resources office via e-n mail, fax, mail or in person.
09-26-23 - The Kemmerer-Diamondville Water and Wastewater Joint Powers Board is currently looking for a full-time Water Plant Operator to join our team. This position requires you to possess a Level III water license, or the ability to obtain Certification within one year. A Valid Wyoming Driver’s License required. One to three years of related water treatment plant experience strongly preferred, but not required. This position also requires you to perform on-call duties, including weekends, holidays, and overtime, as necessary.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic work etiquette.
- Understanding of mechanical equipment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of water chemistry and treatment processes preferred.
- Basic math computations related to water treatment.
- Computer skills.
- Basic hand tool operation.
- Record keeping ability.
The Kemmerer-Diamondville Water and Wastewater Joint Powers Board offers an excellent benefits package. Wage is dependent upon experience and qualifications. Applications are available at the Kemmerer-Diamondville Joint Powers Board Office, 220 Highway 233 Kemmerer, WY 83101. For more information, please call (307) 877-2261. POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED: