The Green River/Rock Springs/Sweetwater County-Joint Powers Water Board (JPWB) is accepting applications for an Engineer.
Job Opportunities City of Casper -
Kemmerer-Diamondville Water and Wastewater Joint Powers Board 09-07-23
The Kemmerer-Diamondville Water and Wastewater Joint Powers Board is currently looking for an experienced Water Distribution and Sewer Collection System Utility Repair Working Foreman to join our team. This position requires you to possess a Level 1 Distribution and Level 1 Collection Certification, or the ability to obtain Certification within one year. Valid Wyoming Driver’s License required and possession of or ability to obtain a Class B CDL license. Three to five years of related supervisory experience strongly desired.
- Operations, services, components and activities of a public water distribution and sewer collection systems
- Methods and techniques used in distribution and collection system maintenance, on-site work inspections and repair work
- Computerized GIS mapping system
- Operational characteristics of distribution and collection system materials and equipment
- Principles and practices of supervision and training with emphasis on leadership and communication
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to water distribution and sewer collection.
Heavy equipment experience is a plus, but not required. Related experience strongly preferred, but willing to train the right candidate. This position also requires you to perform on-call duties, including weekends, holidays, and overtime, as necessary.
The Kemmerer-Diamondville Water and Wastewater Joint Powers Board offers an excellent benefits package. Wage is dependent upon experience and qualifications. Applications are available at the Kemmerer-Diamondville Joint Powers Board Office, 220 Highway 233 Kemmerer, WY 83101. For more information, please call (307) 877-2261. POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
TOWN OF HUDSON IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING 08-22-23
Job Title: Maintenance Worker
Schedule: 40 hours per week M-F 7a-4p with some weekend work and on-call duties
Reports To: Mayor
Salary Range: DOE + Benefits
Supervises: Summer Help
Basic Job Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Certification from State in Wastewater Level 1 and Water Treatment Level 1 or eligible to take and pass tests within 180 days of hire
Six months’ experience with PC operations and Microsoft Office products
Wyoming Driver’s License
Experience: One to five years’ experience in town maintenance operations; or related job skills in construction, water/sewer industries, basic mechanical abilities. Interpersonal communication skills, and exceptional customer service abilities and stamina. Ability to read maps; backhoe skills and self-starter. Ability to lead and direct staff.
Responsibilities: Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for the overall management of the Town of Hudson maintenance and repair work. Because of limited staffing this will require various mechanical skills and ability to operate various heavy equipment. Ability to interact appropriately with the community and its citizens in various situations.
Maintain Water and Sewer Plants in compliance with government regulation as directed. This includes daily operations, completion of various reports as assigned on a timely basis. Monitor and improve water quality where possible as directed by the Water Treatment Plant Director.
- Maintains buildings, vehicles, equipment, streets, parks, cemetery.
- Communicate with Mayor daily/weekly basis regarding all aspects of town wellbeing and needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Operate various pieces of equipment and train others as to how to operate
- Must be able to work in an enclosed and noisy environment on occasion
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds routinely. Assists with repairs and lubricating machines and equipment at the Water Treatment Plant using hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to be on feet regularly.
- Checks in with Town Clerk/Treasurer daily for work-orders, etc.
- Reads and repair water meters
- Provides written report to Mayor and Council monthly
- Excavate for burials at the cemetery
Open until filled. The Town of Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Collections Worker I – Full-time, benefited position at a pay rate of $24.00 per hour. - Added 8-10-23
Assist in a variety of duties involved in cleaning, maintaining, and repairing the wastewater collection system. Possession of or ability to obtain a CDL driver’s license and Level I Collection System Maintenance Certificate required. Position open until filled.
City of Torrington Water Dept
Water/Wastewater Operator or Trainee - 05-31-23
Utility Operations and Maintenance Senior Operator/Operator/Worker - Posted 05-24-23
First Review: June 1st, 2023
Starting Wage: $19.63 (Sr. Operator)/ $18.69 (Operator)/ $16.93 (Worker)
Full Time, Benefited
The City of Laramie is accepting applications for a Utility Operations and Maintenance Senior Operator, Operator, or Worker depending on qualifications. Qualified candidates will be placed in a higher pay range if qualifications are met. These positions perform a variety of duties including installing, maintaining, repairing, and cleaning facilities involving the collection and distribution systems. They also install, test, and repair water meters and backflow devices, and perform meter reading.
Water & Wastewater Plant Operator 1
This position under the direction of the Water and Wastewater Treatment Superintendent, or head operator, performs entry level technical work in the operation, servicing and general maintenance of equipment in a water treatment plant; assists in back-up operation of the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Qualifications include high school diploma or equivalent. Some experience with mechanical equipment preferred. Ability to acquire Level 1 Certification in water treatment operation within one year, and Level 1 wastewater operator within two years; possession of a valid driver's license. Full-time position starting at $36,478.00 (Salary Grade 17).
To Apply: Complete City of Rawlins application on the City's website, www.Rawlins-Wyoming.com under Employment. Position is open until filled. 2 open positions.
For specific questions about the job description contact Human Resources Department at 307-328-4500 ext. 1014.
The City of Rawlins is an Equal Opportunity Employer.